Ms. Burkholder graduated with Distinction from the Pennsylvania State University with dual degrees in Journalism and Sociology, and received her Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from the Dickinson School of Law, where she graduated seventh in her class and was a member of the Woolsack Honor Society.
- During law school, Ms. Burkholder served as an intern with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, and provided free tax services to members of the community through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
- After law school, Ms. Burkholder served two years as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Ronald E. Vican, President Judge of Monroe County, Pennsylvania.
- Ms. Burkholder is admitted to practice before the Pennsylvania and New Jersey Supreme Courts, the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Ms. Burkholder has been recognized in Who’s Who in American Law and Who’s Who in Emerging Leaders.
- Ms. Burkholder has contributed significantly to numerous class actions filed in state and federal courts throughout the United States. She was primarily responsible for the Erie Insurance Aftermarket Parts Litigation, which settled for $6.25 million, and most recently, was one of the key players in Goldman v. RadioShack, which settled for $8.8 million and represented the 11th highest verdict or settlement in Pennsylvania in 2007.
- Ms. Burkholder is a member of the Pennsylvania and Lancaster Bar Associations.
- Ms. Burkholder is a member of the Woolsack Honor Society.
- While in law school, Ms. Burkholder received CALI Awards for Excellence in the studies of Corporate Taxation and Remedies and the James S. Bowman Memorial Award, and was Vice-President of the International Law Society and a member of Amnesty International.
- Ms. Burkholder serves on the board of the Lancaster County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association, and has served as Vice President of Membership for that organization for six years. The alumni association selected her as Outstanding Member of the Year in 2003.
- Ms. Burkholder is also involved with raising money for cancer research through the Lancaster Relay for Life.