Joanne E. Matusko’s practice involves complex litigation, mass tort personal injury litigation including pharmaceutical and product liability cases, class action litigation and antitrust litigation.
Ms. Matusko received her Bachelor of Science from Beaver College and her Juris Doctorate from the Widener University School of Law, where she received a Certificate of Achievement Award for Insurance Law and was a member of the Moot Court team. She also holds a Masters degree in Business Administration from Lebanon Valley College and an Associates degree from Hahneman University of Allied Health Professions in medical technology.
Ms. Matusko is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Matusko is currently heavily involved in the following mass tort product liability cases:
- In re Actos Product Liability Litigation (W.D. La.)
- In re Avandia Product Liability Litigation (E.D. Pa.)
- In re Digitek Product Liability Litigation (S.D. W.V.)
- In re Gadolinium Based Contrast Product Liability Litigation (N.D. Ohio)
- In re Heparin Product Liability Litigation (N.D. Ohio)
- In re Kugel Mesh Product Liability Litigation (D. N.H.)
- In re Yaz, Yasmin and Ocella Product Liability Litigation (C.C.P. Pa.)
- In re Zoloft Product Liability Litigation (E.D. Pa.)
Ms. Matusko’s prior case involvement includes:
- In re Accutane Product Liability Litigation (M.D. Fl.)
- In re Diet Drug Product Liability Litigation (E.D. Pa.)
- In re Ephedra Product Liability Litigation (S.D. N.Y.)
- In re Vioxx Product Liability Litigation (E.D. La.)
- In re Welding Fume Product Liability Litigation (N.D. Ohio)
Additionally, Ms. Matusko is active in the pro bono custody program in Lancaster County.
- Ms. Matusko received a Prominent listing on Martindale-Hubbell. (June 2011)
- Ms. Matusko was selected as a Rising Star lawyer in Pennsylvania. (2010)
- Ms. Matusko received the Michael G. Nast Access to Justice Award in recognition of pro bono work undertaken with several colleagues. (2006)
- Ms. Matusko is an Adjunct Professor at Central Penn College and Harrisburg Area Community College where she teaches legal, business and healthcare classes.
- Ms. Matusko also taught at Thaddeus Stevens College and Thomas Jefferson University College of Allied Health Professions where she taught healthcare classes.
- Ms. Matusko serves as the Secretary of the Manheim Township Youth Aid Panel, a position she has held since 2006.
- Ms. Matusko serves as an Advisor for the Medical Laboratory Technician and Phlebotomy programs at Harrisburg Community College.
- Ms. Matusko served as a guest speaker at the 2007, 2008 and 2009 American Society for Clinical Laboratory Scientists – Pennsylvania annual meetings. Her topic of discussion was the Legal Aspect of Phlebotomy.
- Ms. Matusko served was a member of the Manheim Township Planning Commission from 2004 to 2006.
Ms. Matusko is a member of the American Bar Association, Lancaster Bar Association and the American Association of Justice. She is also a member of the Widener University School of Law and the Lebanon Valley College Alumni Associations.