JUUL Vaping Lawsuit
JUUL vaping lawsuits are being filed by individuals, law firms, and government agencies, claiming serious injuries from the JUUL device and deceptive advertising by the manufacturers.
Contact us for a free, no obligation consultation:
Free Lawsuit Evaluation
NastLaw is currently assessing potential cases against JUUL Labs, Inc. concerning addiction or related injuries. You may be eligible for a lawsuit if you used a JUUL vaping device and any of the following has happened to you:
- Nicotine poisoning or side effects from nicotine consumption
- Lung or respiratory illness
- If you or a loved one began using a JUUL as a minor
If you or a loved one suffered a seizure, stroke, or other serious side effect after using a JUUL device, contact us to learn about a JUUL lawsuit claim against the manufacturer.
About JUUL Lawsuits
The attached pod in JUUL devices contains a toxic level of nicotine, a highly addictive chemical. A JUUL pod contains approximately as much nicotine as a full pack of cigarettes. The pod itself contains a higher concentration of nicotine than either cigarettes or other e-cigarette products. The way the pod is formulated allows for faster absorption of nicotine; therefore, housing a toxic and dangerous level of nicotine within the device.
The Food and Drug Administration received reports of seizures- a known side effect of nicotine toxicity or nicotine poisoning-, mostly involving teens and young adult users of JUUL.
|JUUL Side Effects Can Include:|
|Dizziness and lightheadedness|
|Muscle tremors and pain|
|Increased risk of stroke|
|Cardiovascular side effects|
|Increased blood pressure|
|Increased risk of blood clots|
Lung and Respiratory Conditions
To date, The Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”) and Prevention has reported 380 cases of vaping-related lung illnesses, including six deaths. Vaping or inhaling the chemicals in a JUUL pod can cause irreversible lung damage. Side effects may include lung inflammation, coughing, shortness of breath, and chest pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, fatigue and weight loss.
The lung illnesses caused by vaping devices result in patients needing a ventilator to help them breathe.
Public Health Concern
Nicotine dependence is one of the most common forms of chemical dependency in the nation. It is also a detrimental and life-altering habit with many known risks. The elevated levels of nicotine in JUUL pods are creating a new generation of young nicotine addicts.
Over the past three years, there has been a major increase in the number of young adults and adolescents using JUUL products. The Food and Drug Administration has reported that the use of vaping devices by high school students increased by 1.3 million between 2017 and 2018.
Advertising To Youth and Minors
How did these devices land in the hands of teens and young adults? The JUUL advertising campaign was aimed directly at this group of consumers. The ads were dramatized in a manner to make them relatable for teens and young adults. JUUL pods were formulated and introduced with flavors to appeal to a younger crowd including “Mango”, “Cool Mint” and “Crème Brulee”. Additionally, the physical device itself is designed to be sleek and attractive to a younger demographic. The JUUL closely resembles a USB thumb drive, and can be concealed easily in a school setting.
JUUL Labs, Inc. advertised its devices via social platforms, that are extremely populated with young adults and minors. The creators used social media influencers to grab the attention of younger minds. Using a JUUL to vape became not only a trend but a verb itself. The trend to “JUUL” spread quickly, and although most of the campaign efforts are no longer used, JUUL has already turned millions of adolescents into nicotine addicts.
Among other claims, JUUL lawsuits allege that:
- JUUL devices can cause seizures, strokes, and other serious side effects from nicotine poisoning
- JUUL Labs, Inc. manufactured and marketed a device that was more addictive due to increased concentration of nicotine and a formula that delivers more nicotine than a traditional cigarette and other e-cigarettes
- JUUL Labs, Inc. used false and misleading advertising to represent their product as a safe alternative to cigarettes
- JUUL Labs, Inc. targeted young adults and minors with aggressive marketing campaigns, causing millions of minors to become addicted to nicotine
JUUL Lawsuit News and Updates
- May 2019: The attorney general of North Carolina has filed a lawsuit against JUUL Labs, Inc., claiming that JUUL caused addiction by downplaying the risks of nicotine and targeting minors with advertising campaigns.
- June 2019: The U.S House of Representatives launched an investigation into JUUL, demanding internal documents from the company as part of a broader investigation into teen vaping.
- June 2019: San Francisco, where JUUL headquarters are located, became the first city to ban the sale of JUUL devices and other e-cigarettes to stop the spread of nicotine addiction among teenagers.
- August 2019: The Federal Trade Commission launched an investigation into whether JUUL practiced deceptive marketing, including targeting minors.
- September 2019: Food and Drug Administration calls out JUUL for wrongfully calming that their vaping device was safer than tobacco products.
- September 2019: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported six deaths and 380 cases of vaping- related illness in 36 states as of Sept. 13, 2019.
How to File an JUUL Lawsuit
The first step to filing a JUUL lawsuit is to contact an experienced lawyer who will help you determine if you are eligible for a lawsuit.
There is no cost to find out if you are eligible for and file a JUUL lawsuit. NastLaw will never charge you any fees unless you are compensated for your injuries.
The first step to filing a case is to contact a lawyer for your free case review.
Trust Our Experienced JUUL Lawyers
Our lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience litigating complex lawsuits. NastLaw attorneys fight for victims, so you can be assured that you will receive vigorous and aggressive representation.
We represent clients across the country, and our lawyers are recognized as some of the top in the country for their dedication to their clients and track record of results.
Free Legal Consultation
If you or a loved one suffered from a seizure, stroke or other serious side effect after the use of a JUUL, we can help you determine if you are eligible for compensation through a lawsuit. There is no cost or obligation if you contact us – we want to help you get the best legal representation available.